Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Summertime in April, here in ATL

It's funny how the warm weather brings out the athlete in all of us. From joggers outside with shorts and a tank top, or basketball players with gym shorts playing a pick up game of "shirts versus skins." One thing every athelete has in common is a fit or ideal body, if they aren't already working towards obtaining one of their own.
A beautiful day like today is what the citizens of Atlanta have been hoping for since the first snow day that we had in the beginning of 2010. While walking around Georgia Perimeter College's Dunwoody campus, I found a young man who asked me the same question that I have been wondering all spring semester. "Where is the gym?"
Geide Mohammed, 19, was walking around with thoughts of playing basketball in his spare time. I met him in the back of the campus' B building. "When I get there I would like to shoot some hoops, and maybe lift some weights" Geide said." When I asked if he was enjoying today's warm, sunny weather, he said "I'm enjoying it - it's better than anywhere else right now." I too am enjoying the weather.
Geide, if you are reading this, I found that the gym is in building F. I just might take a trip there later this week in my spare time between classes. Lord knows I need it.

5 comments:

  1. First off Brandon....I am giving you major props on your writing style. Very well done indeed! Also..let me know when you are shooting some hoops ....havn't played some ball since living in Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interview, and well done on beating me to the punch when Geide approached us asking where the gym was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meh, not to big on basketball. Unless Lebron is involved. Mmmm Lebron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love basketbal, but have not played in years.
    These days I stick to watching it on TV with a cold beer in hand.

    ReplyDelete