Monday, September 12, 2011

The Road to Spring Break 2012

Second post of the month, it looks like I'm off to a decent start of writing in here often, right? Well I'm only writing so I can have some written documentation that marks today as the day that I am officially starting what I'd like to call my "Road to Spring Break." Ever since spring 1999 (I was in the 5th grade), I've dreamed of spending my spring break much like the college coeds did on MTV each year, whether it was in Florida, Las Vegas, or somewhere in the Caribbean.

Some of my earliest MTV Spring Break memories from 1999 include:




However, since the start of my college career, two factors have always hindered me from enjoying my spring break MTV style, money and my weight. I am blessed to have a part time job that keeps money in my pocket from time to time, but I have a bit of a sneaker fetish that tends to drain that hard earned money from my pockets most of the time - my fault, I know. And I have always been big for my age. I have never had the "ideal male body" with bulging muscles, a chiseled chest, and a six pack of abs. That WILL change this year as I have chilled on buying sneakers excessively and I have started to get serious about losing weight by getting back in the gym and watching what I eat. I've also started to drink the recommended 8 glasses of water a day to flush my system out. Fat boys get no love. As a matter of fact let's be honest, none of us will ever date a model (Hinting a new song? Maybe). It's time for a change. Spring break is 5-6 months away, and I plan on being ready for it this year, MTV style!

No comments:

Post a Comment